Shopping Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Subscribe to newsletters
Email:

Conditions of use

TORONTO ZOO – EDUCATION (CAMPS/PROGRAMS) REGISTRATION

General

1. Individuals completing online registrations for minors must be the parent/legal guardian of the child(ren). The registrant is responsible for any inaccuracies and/or omissions made during registration.

2. The registrant/parent/legal guardian is to read and abide with all procedures/policies specific to each camp/education program/activity/event as applicable (e.g. Zoo Camp Parent Handbook or Bush Camp Information Handbook posted on website).

3. Toronto Zoo reserves the right to cancel any camp/education program/activity/event due to insufficient enrollment. Should this occur, participants will be notified and a full refund will be issued. It is vital that participants provide contact information (phone number and/or email address) where you can be reached during the day, in the evening, or on weekends. We will not accept responsibility for those we cannot contact.

4. Camps/education programs/activities/events have age limits and capacities. In the case of Zoo Camp, by agreeing to the terms of service the parent/guardian verifies that the child will be at least age four by the start of the camp week, as per the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014. Toronto Zoo reserves the right to verify age by requesting a copy of the child's birth certificate. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis via online registration only. All registrations will be reviewed for accuracy. The submission of a registration does not guarantee your placement in the program(s) for which you have registered. Notification that your purchase has been received by the Toronto Zoo will be sent to the email address entered for the Billing Address during checkout. All follow-up communication will be sent to the email address listed for the Primary Contact.

5. Toronto Zoo is not responsible for any valuables or personal property that is lost, stolen, and/or damaged while in attendance at any camp/education program/activity/event. It is highly advised that participants leave all valuables at home, including, but not limited to cell phones, iPads/tablets, gaming or personal listening devices, large sums of cash, and beloved toys.

6. All camps/education programs/activities/events take place rain or shine. Program content and times are subject to change due to altering day lengths, unforeseen animal situations, and weather conditions. In the event of program changes, we will always do our best to maintain the integrity of the experience. In the event of extreme weather conditions programs may be adjusted, postponed, or cancelled.

- - - - -

Transfers, Cancellations, Refunds, & Discounts

1. Registrants/parents/legal guardians are to read, understand, and agree to all transfer, cancellation, and refund policies specific to each camp/education program/activity/event.

2. All program requests, cancellations, or transfers must be received in writing.
- Zoo Camp: zoocamps@torontozoo.ca
- Serengeti Bush Camp (overnight): bushcamp@torontozoo.ca
- Public Programs (youth, adult, family, badge programs): programs@torontozoo.ca
- School Programs: schools@torontozoo.ca
- Zoo School: zooschool@torontozoo.ca

3. Each online registration will be reviewed and invalid discounts and/or program selections will be amended/cancelled and any outstanding charges applied.

4. Toronto Zoo Members receive discounts when registering for many of the camps, education programs, activities, and events. Membership must be valid at time of registration to be eligible for the discount.

- - - - -

Wavier/Indemnity

For specific programs, including all camps, the parent/legal guardian or the participant (if over the age of 18) is required to sign a separate Waiver/Indemnity prior to participation in the program.
In the event of an emergency, the parent/legal guardian is giving the Zoo full authorization to secure medical care for all minor participants.

IN CONSIDERATION of the permission granted to me, or, in the event the participant(s) registered is/are a minor(s) for whom I acknowledge I am legally responsible, to participate in the program registered for and held at the Toronto Zoo.

I, for the participant, myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns HEREBY, RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE, the Board of Management of the Toronto Zoo, the City of Toronto, and the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and all their respective employees, agents, servants, contractors, representatives, elected and appointed officials, successors and assigns, OF AND FROM ALL claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, whether in law or equity in respect of death, injury, loss or damage to my or their person or property HOWSOEVER CAUSED, arising or to arise by reason of my or their participation in the said program/event, whether as spectator, participant, or otherwise and whether prior to, during or subsequent to the participation in the program/event. I FURTHER HEREBY UNDERTAKE TO HOLD AND SAVE HARMLESS and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY all of the aforesaid from and against any and all liability by any or all of them arising as a result of, or in any way connected with, the participation in the said program/event. While in attendance at any Zoo programs/events, I understand that I (or the participant) may be filmed, videotaped or photographed by or on behalf of the Toronto Zoo. My registration in the program serves as my permission for use of my (or the participant’s) image by the Board of Management of the Toronto Zoo. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED to the above RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY. I WARRANT that I am (or the participant is) physically fit to participate in the program/event.

- - - - -

ONLINE SHOPPING

When you place an order through this website, this will be an offer by you to purchase items from the Toronto Zoo’s – Education store, as displayed in your shopping cart. Payment will be taken from your credit card when your order is successfully completed online*. You will receive an email from the Toronto Zoo acknowledging your order and listing the items purchased. Acceptance of your order and the completion of our contract for the sale of Zoo admission and event tickets, membership, donation, camps and programs, and various other merchandises will appear on your order receipt email.

All items are subject to availability and may become unavailable at any time.

Delivery of admission and event tickets is made by email. For merchandise, delivery is made by standard lettermail via Canada Post.

Toronto Zoo cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of items.

Should you require assistance with your order, please contact the Zoo’s Education Branch at programs@torontozoo.ca or 416-392-5947 during regular business hours.

*Purchase of a Serengeti Bush Camp Program or Badge Program is deposit only. Toronto Zoo Education will automatically complete the final transaction, by charging the credit card used during the deposit purchase based upon the number of participants, as indicated during the initial registration.

- - - - -

CONSUMER IMAGE POLICY AND GUEST AWARENESS

During your visit, you may be filmed, taped or photographed by or on behalf of the Toronto Zoo. Your admission to the Zoo, attendance to any Event, and/or registration in the camp/education program/activity serves as your permission to use, record, reproduce, broadcast, sell, and distribute all for any purpose any photographs, video, digital, audio, or other recordings of you or the registrant/participant/ticket holder that may be made at the Toronto Zoo before, during, or after any visit, event, or camp/education program.

The commercial use of photographs, videos and film images of the Toronto Zoo is strictly prohibited without the full written consent of the Zoo.

- - - - -

PRIVACY

The Zoo is committed to the security of your personal information.

When you place an order through our website, we collect certain personal information from you to effectively process your order. The personal information on your registration form is collected under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, s. 409. The information is used to process your application for program participation, the registration of individuals in programs, payment of fees, collection of outstanding fee amounts, aggregate statistical reporting, contacting clients regarding upcoming programs, and additional mailings, including newsletters, surveys, email notifications, and receipt transactions, in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. We collect personal information about program participants and their families through registration and medical forms. All information is collected and stored securely. Personal information can only be communicated to the parent/legal guardian identified on the registration form. We treat all of your personal information as highly confidential and do not sell or solicit our database information.

In order to process an order for goods efficiently, the Zoo passes on your personal information to reputable third party banking institutions who handle our online payment transactions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your payment card and to process your order. These organizations are under strict legal and contractual obligations to keep your personal information private.

The Zoo will not otherwise provide any of the personal information that you give to us to any third party, unless authorized.

Questions or concerns about the collection of personal information can be directed to:
Toronto Zoo – Education Branch
361A Old Finch Ave
Toronto, ON
M1B 5K7
416-392-5947
programs@torontozoo.ca